I went in on Monday and Tuesday of this week, but most of my reflecting was done in the activity and demonstration posts (the previous two). I am, however, very proud of myself for one thing though. After turning in the “technology-based” lesson plan for our technology class, I did think it was a good idea to have a back-up plan for when I was teaching this week, and sure enough the computer system was down on Monday. I had printed out everything that I needed and made enough copies for everybody, so instead of using PowerPoint to give notes, I drew my notes on the board! I was very happy that I did print everything out so that I knew exactly what to lecture on and exactly what to draw to teach mitosis to the students.

Secondly, I did observe one of my CT’s anatomy sections. She was teaching the students about blood type and which blood types can be donated to which others and all the genetics that go along with blood typing. One thing that got on my nerves though was that my CT misspelled the word “received” as “recieved” on the board, 4 times!!! I know we’re going to be science teachers, but does that mean that we can’t use correct spelling? I wasn’t sure if I should say anything to her or not, and none of the students said anything (I hope they noticed as well and didn’t copy down the wrong spelling). Would that have bothered anybody else? If so, would you guys have said anything?